Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Epic Love Song

(re: Unwritten)

When you look me in the eyes, and I'm the only one you see
I'll look back into yours
And won't hold back any part of me

I'll declare you my lover, my lover for life
Then I'll walk down the aisle
I'll be pure, wearing white

Because I made you a promise, in the form of a ring
My commitment to you: heart, soul, and body
Yes, I'll give you everything

I'll be beautiful, for you, inside and out
I'll love you with this heart I've been saving
You won't ever have to doubt

I'll cook your favorites meals, every night if I'm able
And when you get home late
I'll keep it wrapped, I'll be waiting at the table

Through the joy, through the sorrow
I promise I'll be here
I'll be in your every tomorrow

I'll work on our friendship, I'll talk and I'll listen
I'll give into your will
With quiet submission

I'll kiss you goodnight, wake up with a smile
We'll experience the world together, just you and me,
And I'll never let your wardrobe get outdated in style

When you are sick, ill, or burdened with grief
I'll pray for you, without ceasing,
Until we both find relief

I'll bare us sweet children, a testimony of our love
I'll make you a daddy
Oh what parents we'll become

When you are weak, you fail and you fall
I promise to count our blessings, forgive,
And stay faithful through it all

When life gets hard, and love is tough
I'll point us to Jesus
He's always enough

When we get old and have wrinkles from laughter
It's you I will hold
And always look after

And when death do us part, I pray soon it won't come
I'll be waiting for you, in anticipation,
In the arms of our Love




5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! pretty good stuff!!! Taylor Swift better watch out. You definitely need to record it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee. This made me laugh... and cry. It's beautiful. I love your heart and your soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks Luke! You're awesome :)

    Thanks tay, I love youuuuu :) But you don't love my body?
    Hahahaha, jk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brianna,

    I told you once before that I thought you were a classy lady. I still believe that. You have a certain poise about you that I think has both elegance and dignity about it. I wondered how you might feel about Kyle, but didn't ask. God has someone wonderful in mind for you. When I wondered about a future mate at the age of 20 or so, God led me to the story of Samuel's seeking the next king of Israel, David. It gave me such comfort. God is so in love with us, that he cares about each and everything, especially, a mate. I'm sure that you will be a splendid writer and I'll look forward to hearing your first recording. Ms. Heidi

    ReplyDelete