Friday, July 9, 2010

What I learned on our four-day roadtrip

  •  My brother Ryland has more than six different laughs and only has to give me a look and I'll loose it.
  •  My sister Whitney and My dad as a tag-team are unstoppable and, infact, they are the same person.
  • My mom hates driving.
  • Anderson is fearless. At the Creation Museum, he eagerly pet the fish in the water even when they bit at his fingers.
  • My brother Nicholas is utterly hilarious. His numerous facial expression and endless corny jokes about Chuck Noris kept me laughing, and irritated, the whole trip.
  • My brother Landon is an artist. His drawings are beautiful and meaningful. I wish I was as good as he has become.
  • My brother Alexander can't hold pee to save his life...and my brother Anderson wets through every. single. diaper.
  • My sister Mckenzie is a super sonic reader and can type seventy-two words a minute! She's eleven.
  • My dad doesn't like to spend money on quality hotels. ie: "Knights Inn"
  • My sister Whitney can't drive! Especially without her license.
  • My brother Alexander lies. A lot. But don't worry...we're catching him, and he's being spanked.
  • My brother Nicholas attempts to draw Japanese Animation...attempts.
  • My brother Anderson is a ware-wolf in disguise. He has injured both Landon and my dad with his claws and fangs.
  • My sister Mckenzie thinks that a bed is a boxing arena when sleeping.
  • My dad always has the voice of reason: "hush!"
  • Landon is a master-mind at packing up the van.
  • Alexander has rapid, very rapid, mood-swings...and when he burns his finger with a waffle -maker at a shabby hotel he has to put it inside the air-conditioning vent and cry all day to feel better.
  • I learned that my pet peeve is people reading over my shoulder...and I learned that I have smelly feet.
  • My sisters, Destiny and Whitney, are super close.
  • Playing "honey if you love me" with my brothers gets me laughing like no other game i've ever played.
  • My brother Anderson has an unhealthful obsession with Dinosaurs and "Doter Hepper!"
  • My sister Whitney over-does her thank-yous to strangers...and it gets awkward. ie: "Thank-you! Thank you so much for holding that door open for us! That was so nice of you!"
  • My mom can sleep through anything...and any fight.
  • My sister Destiny should already be a mom.
  • My brother Landon is a man of the Word! He was reading his Bible almost the whole trip.
  • I learned to take in every moment, make memories, and cherish the one's who are around you..because you don't have forever to live your childhood.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw B, this is really good. Correction, we're all really close! Oh and I DID have my license and I drove safely through pouring rain on the interstate. Sounds like I'm beast at driving :). You learned a lot on this vacation. The important thing is to not take any of it for granted of not forget one moment of the family time and jokes. Even if sometimes they hurt. Ex. HERMET. :(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like ya'll will both be going into a profession of preaching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um... that's KERMIT, Whitney. ;)
    http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=kermit+the+frog&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

    And this seriously made my laugh, B. Wish I could have been on the trip with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. Large families are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *eighty-two words per minute (:
    We did have so much fun, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete