Saturday, July 16, 2011

one of the best perfect days

-A good morning breakfast from the one and only Shirley Rowland. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and biscuits with chocolate gravy (a family tradition).

-Two very new, very sweet, clients! Knowing I made their day by this simple skill, cutting a full, straight-across, bang and meeting someone who named their child "Archy"!

-Being greeted into my neighborhood by a lemonade stand run by three little children raising money for the Kings Daughters Cancer cause. It was a dollar cup and very watered-down, but the words "thanks for making miracles happen!" made it worth it all.

-Taco Bell with my family! Well, what's left of it. Landon and Daddy - everyone else is drizzled across the world. Canada, Florida, England...

-Running! It's this new thing I picked up pretty recently.....this week, actually. A good friend and solid source told me about "running on your toes". Ever heard of that before? I hadn't. When you run on your toes instead of your heels it more efficient because when you land on your toes, your heel automatically propel's you forward and makes for a better stride. Sounds complicated, but it works! I could go longer and faster. Sore, because you are using different muscles entirely, but worth it for sure.

-Watching the entire "Sound of Music" on daddy's lap. Just the two of us. Apparently he'd never seen it before. He's not too keen on musicals, but he chose to watch it with me only fast-forwared one song. Yes, the nun's song. I made him endure all the rest, though. ;)

-Being the "woman" of the house. Cleaning the kitchen, putting on a load of "sock and underwear", straightening up.....and actually enjoying it!

-Painting my nails an OPI color named "red my fortune cookie". A delightful treat.

-Getting on facebook for the first time in dayyyys and blogging to you fine folk. It's been....awhile.

-B


P.S. Don't be fooled. My life is not completely rainbows and sunflowers. Today, on my way out from Nanna Shirley's kitchen, I dropped my phone down in the street gutter. I would!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, Bia! I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you when I get home! I am babysitting Gabriel right now, but he is asleep. He's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bia your so cute :)

    i love you and miss you!

    Ill be back for two weeks starting september 7th :) hope your ready to see a lot of me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait....FOR GOOD?!?!?!

    And YESSS I'm ready to see lottts of you!

    ReplyDelete