Saturday, October 30, 2010

Unwritten



Payton Sawyer once said:

"I want to draw something that means something to someone. You know, I want to draw a blind faith or a fading summer, or just a moment of clarity. It's like, when you go see a really great band live for the first time and, you know, and nobody's saying it, but everybody's thinking it, we have something to believe in again. I want to draw that feeling. But I can't. And if I can't be great at it, then I don't want to ruin it. It's too important to me."

Often times, I adopt Peyton's lines from One Tree Hill and make them my own. But then again, I tend to do that with everything I find beautiful.

I created this blog because I want to...well, create. I want to write. But most of all, I want to write music. Being the person I am who tucks away my feelings instead of wearing their forbidden expressions, I wish they could just be swept onto a canvas to dance away with the notes of a song.... yet they remain unwritten.

Taylor Swift's new album Speak Now has inspired me to write. Again. I so admire her art of turning every meaningful and/or mournful moment of her life into a song. If I was so fortunate to have that talent I would write many a songs.

  1. 1) I would write an epic love song for the man I have been waiting for these nineteen years and it would sing of everything moment I am eager for us to share.
  2. 2) I would write a song explaining myself because so many people get it wrong.
  3. 3) I would write an anthem worthy of my Savior, the kind that makes you want to cry more than you want to sing.

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too many times it was because they were getting ready to live...before they knew it...time ran out" - P. Sawyer


  • -Michael W. Smith attending Marshall University in West Virginia only to drop out the first semester
  • -Mat Kearny wrote his first song midway through college
  • -John Waller had to overcome clinical depression before his music career




There is hope still yet

3 comments:

  1. Brianna,
    You are the most talented musician I know. You write lyricless songs that are so emotionally charged that they are breathtaking. You have such a deep soul and you feel things so intensely. I would encourage you to just begin to write. It doesn't matter if you feel the songs aren't "good enough." I doubt Taylor Swift's very first songs were instant hits. :) She probably edited them and re-edited them numerous times before they became what they are today. The important thing is getting your thoughts out on paper for you and God to process. :) Then He can help you make those thoughts into something beautiful. If He has given you something to write, He will help you write it.

    Love you, sister. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor-Lynn, this is probably the most encouraging and helpful advice ever. Thank you so much. I am blessed to have the sisters I have. One's that know me so well, yet still love me. I love you to the moon and back again.

    P.S. Thanks for fixing my site. You're magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you soooo much Brianna! <3 :)
    Your entries are really inspiring and I love the Epic Love Song that you wrote! It made me cry!

    Love you!
    ♥McKenzie♥

    ReplyDelete