Sunday, December 1, 2013

Expressions of the Advent

Expressions of the Advent is a compilation of many things. Coming out of a season of learning and God speaking, I feel as though to adequately usher in this next Christmas season, to slow down and stay in the story, this physical act will force me to dwell of the Advent - the coming, the waiting, and the unwrapping of the greatest gift of our Lord.

God showed me the still, secret joy of eucharisteo in November, and I was even successful in participating in 28 days of photographed thanks! But in the midst of this Instagram trend coming to an end, I came upon this realization:

how can I stop counting, proclaiming blessings when the best gift has yet to come? 

So this Advent, my first recognized Advent, I resolve to make my gratitude exceed that of Thanksgiving. These twenty-five days leading up to Christmas will mark a series of artistic expressions in order to prepare my heart to soberly recieve the Gift freely, but weightily given - Jesus Christ. In the scramble of shoppers and frantics of final exam papers, I promise I won't miss Him this year. And hopefully, you won't either.

I invite you now to participate in our own expressions of Advent! Whether it be collaged, written, journaled, sung, or hand-crafted - make them your own! Anything will do, so long as it compels you to stop, still, and be moved by that silent night.


Advent

For further inspiration, visit Ann Voskamp's blog to follow along with her expressions of Advent. http://www.aholyexperience.com

-BJM

No comments:

Post a Comment