Thursday, March 1, 2012

Conclusion

Here is an old poem of mine I found on my walk down Memory Lane. Finally having the boldness and courage to share it with this blogsphere, I've decided to post it.


Hello beautiful, that's what you'd say
Beautiful
In the first text of my everyday

With every greeting, and every goodbye
Beautiful
It wasn't long when I started not to mind

High as a balloon, yet you claimed you were clean
I believed you
How could I be so naive?

Oh those eyes, so dark and deceiving
Glazed over, red
Careless and cheating

One day I caught you, that day it was done
No more fighting,
Time to shun

"I'm waiting for faithful, I'm waiting for true"
My parting words
"Obviously not you"

I hurt and I shunned, and I shunned you some more
But what I didn't know
That's what I had prayed for

One day you came and knocked on my door
Forgiveness you wanted
But I couldn't grant what you were asking for

Now it's long overdue, but I'm here to say
I forgive you
No more shunning, no more hurt, no more blame

A part in God's plan, I guess it's His way
To teach us these lessons
Surrender, trust, and to obey

We can start over, no more illusions
Fresh, new
Forgive, forget, conclusion.

-BJM

4 comments:

  1. You're so talented, Bia.
    What a beautiful poem about a tough yet meaningful season you went through. You came out an even stronger woman.
    love you!
    -sammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! powerful and honest.

    you blow me away with you talent, B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wish I could write like you. There is so much emotion in your words. Beautiful. I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. (PS. I haven't forgotten your blog... I've just been SO busy!)

    ReplyDelete